To be an exhibiting society for the visual arts as well as encouraging the general appreciation of art and craft in the village and surrounding area.
The following executive committee shall be elected annually:
Coordinator, Treasurer, Exhibition Secretary, Membership Secretary, Minute Secretary, Website Coordinator and one elected member.
- Anyone wishing to be a member of the society should be over 18 years of age.
- The society will consist of all fully paid-up members. There is a limit of 40 members to the Society.
- Only a limited number of artists should be photographers.
- Potential candidates for membership will submit an agreed number of works of art for consideration by the committee to ensure both are suitable and up to standard. Any criticism of work will be constructive.
- Although the society is open to applications from the surrounding area, if there is a waiting list preference will be given to artists living or working in Purton.
- The Society holds an annual exhibition, usually in November when members will be invited to submit a limited number of items, suitable for hanging.
- As a condition of joining the Society, members must be prepared to help steward at
To be agreed at a figure considered sufficient to cover expenses and will become due on 1st March each year.
Annual General Meeting
All members in good standing will be entitled to attend and vote at the AGM. The quorum shall be two officers and five members.
Items for inclusion in the Agenda for the AGM should be forwarded to the Secretary one month before the meeting. The secretary will circulate the agenda to all members two weeks before the date of the AGM.
This constitution shall not be altered or added to, except at a General Meeting.